Australian Mortgage Marketplace
We are building a better home loan for Australia
Australian Mortgage Marketplace is the neo lender that’s building a better home loan.
Our home loans are specially tailored to fit your unique needs. That’s custom home loan solutions that solve the real-life scenarios of everyday Australians. It’s intelligent credit with personalised interest rates and rapid approvals.
We partner with the mortgage broking industry, providing a white-label digital home loan experience directly to broker groups, so that they can provide a market-leading service.
As we’re not an APRA-regulated bank, our funding comes from Australian superannuation funds and institutions investing on what the Directors believe to be Australia’s first mortgage securitisation blockchain.
- Big opportunity: Australia’s $1.7 trillion home loans market is ripe for disruption as mortgage broker disaffection with the major banks is on the rise, while major bank support of the broker channel is in decline. As highlighted by the Royal Commission, the rising tension between major banks and brokers is fuelled by APRA-constraints, legacy systems and channel conflict between broker and direct channels.As a result, brokers face inconsistent product, price and credit policy from lenders. Consumers experience lengthy delays in the assessment of home loan applications. This market trend is creating an access gap to the underserviced mortgage broking industry that originates more than half of Australia’s home loans. Australian Mortgage Marketplace seeks to bridge this access gap. That’s why we’re the neo lender that is specialised to the mortgage broking industry. The rise of neo banks is a growing global trend as emerging challengers seek to use technology to provide superior customer-centric services. As a neo lender, we’re specialised, and mono-product focused on home loans. It is through this spirit of innovation that we see parallels between the market opportunity today and the rise of the Australian non-bank lenders of the 1990s and 2000s that captured significant market share and value.
- Intelligent Credit engine: Unencumbered by legacy systems, the Australian Mortgage Marketplace platform is a new generation, end-to-end solution for mortgage lending. Australian Mortgage Marketplace’s proprietary Intelligent Credit engine allows brokers to tailor a home loan solution to their clients’ unique circumstances. It’s a flexible product that helps brokers increase conversion rates while complying with responsible lending requirements. It’s high quality credit, not “sub-prime” lending.Our Rapid Approval process, designed to take less than 15 minutes, provides brokers with a new way to distribute product in a way that is convenient for their clients. Approve loans on-the-spot at open homes or auctions, or during an over-the-phone consultation.
- Australia’s First Mortgage Securitisation Blockchain: The Directors believe, based on internal research, that AMM’s ground-breaking mortgage securitisation blockchain is an evolutionary leap for capital markets and Australia’s first mortgage securitisation blockchain. We’re leveraging distributed ledger technology to create smart securities that deliver the benefits of absolute transparency, automation and control for the mortgage investor. This level of transparency is the first of its kind and will serve to build our reputation in capital markets with the view to deliver a reliable flow of funding for our lending business.
- Proven team: A committed, quality executive team assembled with a focus on the disciplines required to build the business. This is the foundational team that was behind the birth and growth of significant mortgage businesses in Australia.Each team member brings a proven track-record of success, individually and together, in their chosen disciplines. We have the team in place to go to market
- Early traction: High profile organisation partners secured with expected to generate Australian Mortgage Marketplace volumes of $500M+. With interest from many more partners on standby.
- Unique Product: Unique products including, interest only home loans, nil lenders mortgage insurance loans, and equities index linked home loans (a first for Australia).
- Recurring income stream: The Company’s sources of revenue are: upfront borrower fees, loan service fees, loan feature fees and net interest margin. Target net present value (risk-adjusted) of net revenue from each loan ranges between 1.5% to 3.0% over the average life of a loan. Assuming an average loan size of $550,000, this equates to a range of $8,250 to $16,500 per loan.
Australian Mortgage MarketplaceCompany Name
- ACN 617 598 606
- Company Website www.australianmortgage.com
- Registered Office Level 3, 10 Bond Street Sydney, Australia
- Share Registry Automic Pty Ltd www.automic.com.au
Graham Andersen – CEO and co-founder
A serial entrepreneur and visionary pioneer of mortgage and structured finance in Australia and the UK. A senior Barclays executive throughout the 1990s, Graham is the founder of a prominent non-bank lender in the 2000s and a fintech start-up in the 2010s. It’s with Graham’s vision that we build a neo lender for the 2020s.
Kym Dalton – COO and co-founder
An industry thought leader and chief architect of mortgage management and broking in Australia and New Zealand. Kym is the man who built AMS, the pre-eminent mortgage lender that backed Wizard Home Loans and the mortgage broking revolution of the 1990s and 2000s. It’s by Kym’s design that we again revolutionise home loan originations for the 2020s.
Scott Tyne – Product Expert and co-founder
A product inventor, lawyer, mathematician and successful investment banker in Australia and the UK. Scott is known for structuring ingenious solutions in tax and financial services. It’s with Scott’s ingenuity that we create ground-breaking home loan products for the 2020s.
Luke Andersen – CTO and co-founder
An innovative technology architect and securitisation industry veteran. Luke’s is the razor-sharp mind that built the renowned outsource treasury service at Perpetual for securitisation issuers in Australia. It’s with Luke’s attention to detail that we build the next generation mortgage lending platform for the 2020s.
David Byrne – Independent Director
An entrepreneur who fosters start-up companies, cultivating them to maturity and success. David takes a farsighted view on business, playing the long game for growth. It’s under David’s steadfast watch that we grow our mortgage business in to the 2020s.