Can I invest now?
Absolutely, we currently operate an:
- Online Business Introduction Service, which operates pursuant to the ASIC Class Order 02/273 “Business Introduction or Matching Services”, using the exemptive relief of section 708 of the Corporations Act;
- Crowd-Sourced Funding (CSF) intermediary platform (AFSL: 502802).
A new era of crowd-sourced equity funding is upon us
The new CSF legislation commenced on 29 September 2017);
We (Enable Funding) have been granted an AFSL to operate as an intermediary under the new CSF legislation. This AFSL allows us to conduct a capital raise under the new CSF rules and raise up to $5 million from investors (maximum $10,000 parcels for retail investors) for qualified publicly unlisted companies;
Companies raising capital via CSF do it through offering its ordinary shares to investors in return for a relatively small cash investment. By law, eligible companies must use a crowd-sourced funding (CSF) platform, usually a website, to make their investment offer. The website is run by an intermediary that must have an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) which authorises them to provide crowd-sourced funding services. Enable Funding has a CSF AFSL: 502802. TheAFSL allows us to conduct a capital raise under the new CSF rules and raise up to $5 million from investors (maximum $10,000 parcels for retail investors) for qualified companies;
We intend to continue operating the current Business Introduction Services under Class Order 02/273 for the foreseeable future and also operate a CSF intermediary platform in tandem.
Capital Raising Alternatives?
|DESCRIPTION||CSF RAISES||708 RAISES|
|AUD $5M maximum annual funding per company (issuer)||✔||✔|
|Issuer must be public unlisted company||✔||✔
Enable Funding requirement
|Issuer principal place of business and majority of directors must be in Australia (excluding alternate directors)||✔||✔|
|Issuer product & service restrictions||Can’t have substantial purpose of investing in other companies, entities or schemes (including related parties)||No restrictions|
|Issuer financial restrictions||$25M maximum annual turnover and $25M maximum gross assets (including related parties)||No restrictions|
|Ordinary shares issued||✔||✔|
|Unlimited number of professional, wholesale & sophisticated investors and investment amounts||✔||✔|
|Retail investors per issuer||No restrictions||20 per annum|
|Retail investment per issuer||$10,000 maximum per annum||No restrictions|
|Cooling-off period||5 business days following retail investment application||10 business days following an investment discussion meeting (for shares purchased within 5 business days of that meeting)|
|Further information||ASIC Regulatory Guide 261||ASIC Class Order 02/273|
How to get started with investing:
- JOIN – Become a member of the Enable Funding community. Register now – it’s free and quick (and we always respect your privacy).
- LEARN – Learn about outstanding unlisted companies before the broader investment community. You’ll receive our monthly alerts, be able to view current offers and access videos and case studies.
- TAILOR -Tailor your investing and communication preferences by completing your Profile Page. We can then send you the most relevant information, in the format you prefer.
- INVEST – Complete the share application form when you are ready to invest and we will do the rest.
- COMMUNITY – You are part of a community that is supporting Australian innovation and participating in the growth of our economy.
Why choose Enable?
- Experienced: We are the most experienced equity capital raising platform in Australia. Equity crowdfunding through a platform is a relatively a new phenomena. Enable Funding (formerly ASSOB) has provided this service for more than a decade. We are Australia’s oldest and an acknowledged global pioneer in its category;
- Effective: We have a proven track record. We have raised more than $147 million through this form of investing. No other platform in Australia comes close;
- Trusted: We are Australia’s most trusted platform. More than 29,000 members are part of our community and 176 companies have raised capital through us;
- Thorough: We have market-leading due diligence. We carefully choose which companies to support through our exclusive IMENCA Business Evaluation Calculus and our Investment Committee. Our goal is to spot high-quality companies that could deliver higher returns for investors over time. We don’t always get it right, but investors know we take several extra steps to minimise risk, wherever possible;
- Compliant: We have rigorous corporate governance requirements. Every company on our platform must have a board of directors and comply with quarterly reporting requirements. The aim is to connect companies and investors with confidence.
How does this benefit me?
Equity crowdfunding offers several benefits for retail investors and is suitable for self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) that want to allocate a small portion of assets to unlisted private companies. The SMSF sector is a key focus for us.
Key benefits of equity crowdfunding include:
- The ability to invest in unlisted companies, start-ups and small businesses: This market has traditionally been the preserve of professional or wealthy investors;
- Exposure to companies in potentially high-growth sectors: Many companies on the Enable Funding platform are from the information technology, life sciences or clean-tech sectors;
- Potential for high returns: Earlier-stage companies, by their nature, have more risk than established companies, but in turn have the scope to provide for possibly higher returns. Please note that past returns are no indicator of future performance;
- Portfolio diversification: Unlisted companies are typically less correlated with share or bond market movements than other asset classes. The value of private companies may be less affected by changes in share or bond markets;
- Supporting Australian innovation: The value of investing in companies via Enable Funding is more than owning shares in companies; it’s about being a part-owner of fascinating businesses, helping early stage businesses get started, or providing growth capital for companies to expand and possibly benefiting from these exciting opportunities.
Am I a retail or wholesale investor?
Everyone is a retail investor unless they satisfy one of the requirements to be classified as a wholesale investor under certain sections of the Corporations Act.
The term wholesale investor includes sophisticated investors and professional investors.
A sophisticated investor is a person or entity that has obtained an accountant’s certificate dated no more than two years ago that they:
(a) have net assets of at least $2.5 million; or
(b) have a gross income for each of the last two financial years of at least $250,000.
Alternatively, a person or entity who invests where the purchase price of the product is at least $500,000 is also classified as a sophisticated investor.
A professional investor in this context is usually a financial services licensee or a person or entity who controls gross assets of at least $10 million (please note that there are other types of professional investors but we have not included a complete list here).
If you’re still unsure about whether you are a retail or wholesale investor, please consult your accountant or licenced financial professional.
What fees do I pay?
Investors into companies listed on the Enable platform are charged no fees.
What is a "compliance listing"?
For companies whose capital raising offer has been declared “closed”, the Profile Page will be automatically transferred to a
Compliance Listing on the Funded Opportunities page. Enable levies a yearly fee to maintain admission.
All companies which are transferred to a Compliance Listing must remain compliant with Quarterly Reporting and submission of Annual Reports for at least five (5) years following the closure of the company’s capital raising offer, unless:
a) at a general meeting of the company’s shareholders, 85% or more of the shareholders agree to delist the company from Enable; or
b) the company is listed on a stock exchange.
Is Enable Funding a stock exchange?
No. Stock exchanges are able to show live buy and sell offers and are subject to high levels of compliance and regulation. Enable Funding is a platform that provides the tools for companies and funders who have acknowledged the risks of investing in companies outside of regulated markets such as a stock exchange, to communicate more efficiently and manage what is needed for a successful transaction.
How to get funded with Enable?
See Raise for details.
Are you ready to get Enable funded?
Become Enabled: Start on your funding journey today
You can get started by filling out the expression of interest form, there are several sections to this process to complete.
Watch the video to learn more about our process or click below to start your funding journey.
Rules of Admission
Enable Funding (Enable) has taken the initiative with regard to self-regulating its own platform at a level above and beyond what is required by ASIC in an effort to provide clear guidelines for all participants.
To download the full PDF Enable Rules of Admission, please click the button below.
What does Enable look for from businesses that want to list on the platform?
The investment team look for several things, including:
- Entities that are publicly unlisted companies or willing to become publicly unlisted companies;
- Companies looking to raise between $500,000-$5,000,000;
- Potentially high growth, scalable businesses;
- Businesses that have a working prototype of their product;
- Businesses that our screening process identify as having the highest chance of success in attracting investors.