World Bank recognition
We are proud of our record and recognition over the past decade.
We’ve helped award-winning and government-granted companies – ranging from start-ups to established firms – for more than a decade.
We are especially proud of the World Bank’s view of our service, which reinforces the scale, performance and safeguards of the Enable Funding platform for companies and investors.
A 2013 World Bank and infoDev report said:
“[Enable Funding] was founded in 2007 and is now the largest investment crowdfunding platform in Australia and one of the largest in the world. It is an equity-crowdfunding platform that has successfully served both accredited and unaccredited investors, raising more than US$130 million for issuers since its inception. Some 176 companies have been funded to date and not a single case of fraud has been reported. [Enable] operates within the current securities structure in Australia.”*
The report, ‘Crowdfunding’s Potential for the Developing World’, added: “After seven years of crowdfunding companies, [Enable] shows that 86 percent of companies Crowdfunded on its platform were still operating in 2012… This contrasts with a figure of 40 percent of non-crowdfunded (non-[Enable]) companies that fail after three years.”*
* Enable Funding was previously known as the Australian Small Scale Offerings Board (ASSOB), the business name that the World Bank referred to in its report (see the report: page 46)
Our vision & mission
To create a global ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship by connecting high growth, early-stage ventures with investors on a mass scale through the market’s most trusted equity crowdfunding platform.
To become the world’s leading equity crowdfunding platform by:
- Identifying the most promising companies through a unique due diligence process;
- Successfully raising capital for these companies;
- Providing a platform that generates superior investor returns over time;
- Minimising investor risk wherever possible through extensive governance and reporting requirements for companies on our platform; and
- Championing Australian innovation and entrepreneurship.